Note from Rojo on 12/12/2023:

I feel like what I said on the Friday 15 SC podcast last week is being somewhat misinterpreted. 

We were talking about people whether Katelyn Tuohy will make the 2024 Olympic team and were discussing people we'd rank ahead of Katelyn Tuohy for potential Olympic 5000 spots. Elly Henes' name came up and I said this.

This is interesting to me. Will Laure Henes purposely sabotage Katelyn Tuohy's training in the spring so her daughter can make the team? That's kind of a joke people, but it's interesting. If you've been coaching Katelyn all year and you get to the Trials, and then she is racing your daughter, who are you for?

I think if that was my scenario, I would hope my son would win win (the race) but I would think this is what sports is about.

We were recording it live without edits. I immediately said sabotage was kind of a joke.  The key thing to me was intellectually interesting was this, "Who would you be for as a coach? Who would you be rooting for?"

The more I've thought about it. I don't really think it's that hard for a coach to handle. You coach people all the time who you are closer to than others, but when they race, you want them all to do well and you see how it plays out . Only a horrific coach would play favorites and I think Laurie Henes is amazing.

Reply Replying to

Leave the password field blank to post anonymously.

Post Preview
By posting you acknowledge that you have read and abide by our Terms and Conditions.